The United States Peace Corps is a US government agency in Macedonia and seeks qualified and motivated candidates for 7 temporary full-time positions as:
Language and Cultural Facilitators for Macedonian Language
Language and Cultural Facilitators for Macedonian language will be responsible for teaching Macedonian language and culture to a group of 5-10 Americans. Successful candidates will be required to take part in a mandatory paid training in Skopje, during which they will be taught how to teach the Macedonian language to foreigners using Peace Corps language materials. After successful completion of the training, facilitators will be expected to teach the curriculum to Peace Corps trainees during an 11 week Pre-Service Training at a Peace Corps Regional Training Facility. Previous teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
Employment Dates: Successful candidates will be hired for 15 weeks, from August 22-December 5. Employment will take place in two locations:
August 22-September 17 – Paid month-long training/preparation period in Skopje September 17-December 5 – 11 week teaching assignment at a Regional Training Facility (in Vatasha, Negotino, Lozovo, Sveti Nikole, Tearce, or other location)
Peace Corps Provides:
- Paid professional language teaching training course in Skopje
- Opportunity to live/work alongside Americans at a Peace Corps Regional Training Site
- Paid housing at the Regional Training Site during the 11 week teaching assignment
- Potential future opportunity to provide individual language tutoring to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout the year and/or during future trainings
- Opportunity to gain valuable work experience with a US government agency/ international organization
- Opportunity to work in a multicultural team and build intercultural competence
- University degree in linguistics, education, teaching, or other related field;
- Teaching experience;
- Experience working with foreigners;
- Fluency in written and spoken Macedonian and English;
- Willingness to live and work in a community outside Skopje;
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29, 2017. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer.